วันเสาร์ที่ 16 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2554

Day 2


This is how my nose look since after the surgery.


It is obviously very swollen. But the hump that you see in the picture on the left, it is there. I hope it goes down after a couple of months. But for now, I'm not loving the result. But we'll see in the coming weeks.

The scary thing was...my ears.







Initially when I when back to the clinic to follow-up on my ears, they told me that it was not necessary for them to do anything and that I'll be fine if I continue taking antibiotics. I could not sleep the night before because my ears hurt even more than my nose (which was quite painless). I was really afraid. Because my left ear which has 2 cuts will not stop bleeding. Dr Nara told me that this is a good sign as there is no clot there. Those 2 cuts were made during the surgery. As for the other ear, I was experiencing a hematoma. Thus, I posted my case on Realself.com. At 4 am I sent to Dr Nara an emergency email to come check up on me. At 11am I went to the clinic and was brushed aside, with the clinic claiming it's normal and antibiotics was all I need because he has never had complications with the ears, only noses.

Anyway, throughout the day, I did some research and even bought gauzes and tape to bandage my left ear to stop the bleeding. I was considering the severity of the situation and flying back to Singapore to seek medical treatment.

At 9pm, I was called up in my hotel room and told to come to the clinic because they just saw my "emergency email". Dr Nara was reassuring that my ears would have no problems. He said that it is not severe enough to warrant worry and told me to trust him. He sounded like an alpha personality type, which can be reassuring, though at times intimidating cause I was already scared stiff. And when I am in pain and see something that's obviously wrong and he tells me that it's alright and there's no need for any action, it was very difficult to believe. Nonetheless, I wanted him to drain the hematoma, which he did.


ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น