วันอังคารที่ 19 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2554

Revision Rhinoplasty

I had a revision rhinoplasty with Dr Nara. So the goals of this revision on the 6 day of my previous rhinoplasty are: to correct the dorsal hump and bring down the height of the nose radix (area between the eyes). He had to be convinced that this was really what I wanted because of the increased risk of infection and also that the final result is difficult to predict.

This revision had to be done soon after my first rhinoplasty as an autologous cartilage would integrate with the nose tissues during the healing process. Thus, delayed time would cause a revision to have increased risks and difficulties during removal of the autologous implant.

I believe he tried his best.

This is the result on the day after. The marking on the nose is still visible.

 

I'm liking the decreased height of the radix. The dorsal hump is still visible but looks and feels less obvious than previously. Right now, it only makes sense if I give it some time before assessing the final outcome.

As with my experience with my first rhinoplasty, swelling in my nose and face is worst on the 3rd day. I have taken arnica montana the first time but had to do without it this time.

I slept in a more elevated position last night as I wanted to maintain the low blood pressure to my head and face. It is a mechanical rationale whereby there will be less swelling as opposed to sleeping is a parallel supine position. Because in the day, the arterial pressure enables blood to flow from the heart to the head against the laws of gravity. And gravity assists blood to travel from the brain to the heart. 

But in the night the distribution of gravity changes with our flat sleeping position, so there is more blood pressure to the brain (and the face). This is usually ok as there are pressure receptors to control intracranial pressure in the brain to prevent too much blood in the blood vessels or a possible aneurism.

One symptom faced to illustrate the effect of gravity on physiology is when sometimes when people wake up abruptly, the blood pressure that was increased in their brain during the night falls quickly because of gravity, thus causing a momentary dizziness. The sudden plunge in intracranial blood pressure is soon recovered.

I heard of people claiming to be able to sleep better when facing the left side then a supine position, because the heart is positioned lower. There are also claims that sleeping with the head in an elevated position would be helpful for digestion in the night.


ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น